Are you joining in on Tiffany Dow’s blogging and list building challenge? I have been hard at work writing blog posts and preparing gifts for you guys as part of this challenge, though today I’m sitting at my computer with a horrible headache and an awful cold. I’ve been switching between working and napping so I can get my work done. Not letting this cold keep me down!
A lot of people in the challenge have the blog posting down. I’ve been emailing with a few that are struggling with the freebies. I’m not going to go into detail about what to create for your list (Ruth already did that here) but I do want to talk about what to do after you’ve sent the gift out to your list.
Now, I don’t really have an issue with creating something specifically to give to my list but as an online marketer I’m always thinking about productivity and using time wisely. Once I create this free podcast or short report is there a way I can reuse it down the line?
Some freebies might not be viable to reuse, it depends on what you make. I’m putting together a list of good keywords for Squidoo for my SquidsPro list as one of their freebies. Those keywords will likely be used pretty quickly so it won’t be something I want to resuse. I’m also creating a short report for them so there are ways I could reuse that.
Here are some ways you could put your freebie to more use:
- Add it to a follow up series. You can set it up to automatically send the gifts out over a period of time when someone signs up. I probably won’t do this because I don’t use follow up messages outside of my PLR store and I’m thinking about removing them there. The main reason I don’t like using them is because new opt-ins end up getting two emails in a day from me if I broadcast on a day they get a follow up message and I don’t want them to feel bombarded as soon as they sign up.
- Change the format and expand to create a full product. If you create a short report, how about turning it into a video or podcast? You could also just make it longer and create a great low priced product with work you’ve already done. I know that the seven page report I wrote earlier today could be expanded into a product by adding in video tutorials, check lists, and things like that.
- Create a bunch of related products that can be packaged together into a product. One week could be a report. Another week could be a checklist. Another might be a podcast. Plan them out so after you give them all to your list you can package them up as a product. Be sure to let your list know whats up though so they don’t buy it if they already have all the parts. I’d say something along the lines of, “These items were previously only available to those who were on my list earlier this year. I’ve now packaged it all together and added x, y, and z and I’m making it available for everyone!”
- Alternatively, if it’s already big enough to be a full product, you an tell your list you’re giving it to them for free for signing up and put it directly up for sale for people who aren’t on your list. They’ll love that they’re getting a paid product for free just for reading your emails.
- Include them as bonuses to paid products. That’s my plan with the Squidoo report I wrote. I’ll send it out to my list next week and after that it will only be available as a bonus to my paid products. We all know how bonuses can help you sell a product and it’s a great way to reuse something you’ve already created.
What do you plan on doing with your freebies after you email them out? Leave a comment and let me know.