Halloween may not even be here yet, but NOW is the time to start thinking about Christmas if you plan to make any money off of the gift buying rush. According to polls, the average person spent over $500 on Christmas gifts and almost $200 on other Christmas expenses, and that is per person! (Scroll down to see an infographic on the subject.)
Now is the time to start getting ready for the rush of online shoppers. One of the best ways to rake in commissions is by promoting Amazon products. There are a ton of ways to do this. Don’t click away if you aren’t able to be an Amazon affiliate though! There are ways for you to still make plenty of money this holiday season.
Now, you could make your own Amazon sites to promote products, and you can find an awesome guide to it here, but that isn’t the method I’m going to be telling you about. Having your own site is great, but when it comes to seasonal promotions, I’m all about things that can be set up and getting traffic quickly.
My favorite way to get in on the holiday rush is actually Squidoo!
Why Squidoo? Here are a few reasons.
- Easy to set up one Squidoo page to promote a product. I can set one up in under an hour.
- Squidoo pages seem to get Google traffic very easily. When I posted this lens it was getting traffic within 3 days from Google and it is STILL getting traffic everyday. I haven’t done any backlink building for it. (I’ve already made sales with it as well.)
- You can use your own Amazon affiliate links or their modules if you aren’t an Amazon affiliate, meaning you can promote products from Amazon even if you live somewhere where you can’t become an affiliate.
- Squidoo is a great way to test out niches. No one wants to spend forever putting together an Amazon site only to have it under-perform. Instead you could set up Squidoo lenses to promote a variety of different products and see which are ranking with very little work and making the most sales.
- No start up costs. Squidoo is FREE. You can create as many pages as you want and it won’t cost you a penny.
- If you pick a topic that doesn’t do very well, you lost maybe an hour or two worth of time rather than the time and money put into creating an Amazon site.
I do love Amazon affiliate sites, but Squidoo this close to Christmas, Squidoo is my go-to place. Interested? Click here to sign up and look around.
Now… how to get started? I’ve got a few resources to help you out. Some are free, some are paid.
- Over on my Squidoo blog I’ve created a free report that is a good intro to the basics of Squidoo. It will show you how to set up a page, add modules, and that type of thing. You can get it here.
- Tiffany Dow created a guide a while ago called “52 on Squidoo” that tells you a bit about how to create pages to promote Amazon products. It is a bit outdated, but still worth looking over. You can grab that by clicking here.
- There are two paid Squidoo guides I highly recommend. The first I actually reviewed in-depth over on SquidsPro. It is called Squidoo Niche Blaster and it is about creating your own mini niche site quickly and easily within Squidoo. The product offers a cut and paste code and helps you get lenses set up fairly quickly. It takes me about 3 hours to create the set of six lenses. Read the review here or head straight to the product page to read more.
- The other product is probably the most ideal for creating lenses for the holidays. It is called Squid Pro Quo and was a recent WSO of the day. It is all about creating high quality Squidoo lenses quickly and easily. Like with Squidoo Niche Blaster you get cut and paste code, but Erica provides you with great research tools to come up with topics really quickly too. I could literally create tons of these lenses each day. This is probably the #1 product I would recommend for someone just wanting to test Squidoo out for the holiday season. Check it out here.
Once you have a chance to check out Squidoo, head over to SquidsPro where I blog specifically about Squidoo related topic along with my friend Tony.
Now, just so you don’t forget, the whole point of this blog post is that the biggest shopping season of the year is upon us and it is time to get in there and earn some commissions! Take a look at this infographic and you’ll understand exactly why. (Click to see the entire graphic.)
In the comments below:
I’d love to hear about your experiences with Squidoo. Was there any part of Squidoo that you struggled with? Have you had good result using Squidoo? What are some of your favorite ways to make money during the holidays?