This was going to be a vlog but every one I recorded was half me talking, half me sniffling and blowing my nose. It wasn’t good and I couldn’t even get through saying everything I wanted to say. I wanted to take a minute to tell you guys how week one (which ended yesterday) of Tiffany Dow’s blogging and list building challenge went.
It’s been tough. I’ve been doing this challenge on this blog and my Squidoo blog, SquidsPro. That’s blogging five days a week and sending out a free gift to my lists on both each week. I’ll tell you what I did on each and how it’s been going so far.
I have to be honest though… it wasn’t nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I’ve been able to manage the blog posts and have plenty of ideas for more. Hmm.
Week 1 on SquidsPro
Things have been awesome over there. I’ve been getting a lot more comments, subscribers, and emails from readers. I got one comment that really stuck out for me.
It’s that last part. I blog because I want to help people make money online and enjoy themselves while they do it. I want to make it just a little bit easier for them than it was for me by telling them what I’ve learned. I love hearing that I’m reaching people.
Here are the blog posts from week 1.
- Why I Don’t Use the Google News Module – I see this module in so many lenses and it actually makes me click away a lot of the time. I screencapped a great example in that post showing you why it’s often not a good thing.
- Squidoo Facebook Groups – Are They Worth Joining? – A lot of them are just link farms. You need to find one that’s MORE than that and use it the right way.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Ask For the Sale – This tip could help you make a lot more money on Squidoo.
- What You Need to Know About the Recent Events at Squidoo – There have been a lot of posts on the HQ blog that have Squids confused. Let me help you out.
- Do You Need a Squidoo Guide to Make Money? – To answer a question I got in the comments on an earlier post.
I also wrote a new blog post for today: Ethical Lensmaking – What is Ethical When Writing Online?
For the list building part of the challenge I sent out a list of around 50 keywords for Squidoo lenses that fit my personal criteria. Everyone seemed to like the freebie which was nice. Next week I’m sending them a free report. (You can sign up for that list anytime here.)
Adventures in Online Marketing Week 1
You guys have seen the posts here but I’ll post them all here for you to see anyways. There was actually a problem with the freebie. I had it set to mail out yesterday and I guess I set the date wrong because it didn’t go out. It’s late now so I’ll email it out in the morning.
- I’m Unprofessional – Sorry About That Guys
- Is Online Marketing Still an Adventures For You?
- 5 Ways to Reuse Freebies You Send to Your List
- Take a Notebook With You or End Up Writing on Shoeboxes Like Me
- 8 Tips for Working Away from Home
What I Learned This Week
I have a lot more time to blog than I thought I did, I just have to MAKE myself do it.
How did you do this week?