Note: While I specifically mention Tiffany Lambert’s new PLR content funnel several times in this post, this information applies to any PLR funnel purchased from any provider. In fact, these strategies will work for any PLR report free or paid.
In lesson one we went over how to use PLR articles. We learned how to take any PLR article and in five minutes turn it into a better, more unique, and more informative article. If you missed lesson one, click here.
Today we’re going to be learning all about using PLR reports like the one included in Tiffany Lambert’s nutrition funnel.
Normally short reports are used as opt-in incentives so that’s what we’re going to talk about in this lesson. Here is a video by Tiffany on the subject. Below that I’ll list the steps as well as some of my own tips and tricks to make your report as effective as possible.
Here is a free piece of sample PLR that she used in the video. It’s yours to use however you wish as long as you don’t use her name on it or sell it as PLR.
The first thing I noticed is that she got steps one and two backwards so I’ll be re-ordering them here. I also added in a few steps that I would personally do.
Step 1: Change the title.
Since you’re trying to offer something unique the first thing you want to do is change the title. Not only does this let you add your own flavor and but later if someone tells their friend “Hey, go Google this report!” they won’t go home and get a million results for reports with the same name.
Step 2: Tweak or get new graphics.
Now you see why I thought these steps were backwards. How do you get new graphics if you don’t know the new title to have put on the cover?
This is the biggest thing you can do to make sure your report doesn’t scream PLR. A lot of packs have really lame covers, not to mention you want to be able to put your own name and branding on the cover. If you do ANYTHING to change your PLR report, do this.
If you’re looking for an easy way to get a new ebook/report cover you can head over to Fiverr. There are a few people there I’ve used that make some nice looking covers. They aren’t top quality but they work well for freebie reports.
I normally use this tool called My Cover Maker. You can pay per download or pay a monthly fee. I’ve got the monthly membership and that’s how I make the covers I include with some of my PLR packs.
Step 3: Add an introduction.
It doesn’t need to be long. Introduce your topic and yourself. This is optional but I like to add in something for branding purposes. This is where you can tell a bit of your story and let them know why they should be listening to your advice.
Step 4: Create a title page and table of contents.
The video shows you how to do this pretty easily. A table of contents just makes your entire report look more professional and look like an actual REPORT instead of an article in PDF form.
Hyperlinking the table of contents is just a nice thing to do for the readers and it doesn’t take long to do.
Step 5: Include branding and link to your product you’re promoting.
The point of this report is to build trust and also get people to buy your product. So, how do you do this? It’s pretty easy, go through the report and find a few places where you can refer them to your product. Tell them they’ll learn more in your book, but here are some tips to get you started.
There are some good examples at about 8:45 in the video.
Tiffany suggests linking three separate times.
Step 6: Invite them to share your report.
Since you have your links in there you want this in as many hands as possible. End with inviting them to share it with their friends. Let them know you want everyone to know the information you shared in their report so you want them to email it or share it with anyone and everyone who could benefit from it.
Step 7: Get them ready for your follow up series.
The funnel Tiffany is talking about includes an opt-in series but if you’re not using that package you should still have follow up emails so add a note telling them you look forward to sharing more information with them over the upcoming days. You’re just reminding them they’re going to get emails from you so they’re more likely to check them out when they hit their inbox.
Step 8: Load it in your autoresponder.
You’ll be including the link to download the report in your first email. I use Aweber as my autoresponder. It costs $1 for the first month and they’ve served me well for years. Their customer support has always been fantastic so if you don’t have an autoresponder yet, I highly suggest giving them a try.
Tiffany mentions Mailchimp as a free option. Avoid them if you plan on promoting affiliate products AT ALL or plan to work within the IM niche. They ban people and delete their lists for that and you don’t want to risk your business that way.
- Don’t be afraid to spruce up your report with a few images. Pick up some stock images or use public domain ones to make it look more colorful and flow better. For the example she used you could use pictures of food to get people’s minds thinking more on how healthy food can still be tasty.
- Make sure you read the report first so you know whether you like the information inside.
- You don’t need to rewrite all of the text but going through and adding a person story here and there is always a good thing.
- If you don’t have your own product, you can just link to an affiliate product instead! On my ClickBank sites I did that a lot and it was how I got most of my sales before I had my own product.
Now you know everything you need to know to take ANY PLR report and quickly create a high quality opt-in reward for your audience.
Here are a few places to pick up some PLR reports to get started:
- Obviously you can pick up Tiffany Lambert’s “Fight Disease With Food” funnel which includes the report, opt-in emails, paid product, and more. It’s really cheap until the 20th when the price will be going up to $65. She also has more reports available in her PLR shop.
- While we’re talking about Tiff, she has these awesome ClickBank presell reports that you can edit in this same way but each was specifically written to promote one of the top ClickBank products so you can set them up and give them away with affiliate links. You don’t need your own product to earn with them.
- I have several reports for sale over at PLR Content Market.
- If you’re in the IM niche, Business Content PLR is my number one source for some of the best internet marketing PLR around.
If you have any questions let me know in the comments. I always reply!