As many of you know, I’ve been pretty busy trying to deal with moving and things like that. That means packing, looking for a place, and all of those types of things. My grandpa also got a little bit worse and the family all got together to build wheelchair ramps, put in new and better flooring in house, and get rid of the kitchen island to make it easier for him to get around in his wheelchair. And like always… a few days after we thought he had hit his worse, he was getting better. He actually got up and walked around with his cane at one point! Glad he keeps going strong.
Luckily I had a few breaks for some fun things. My grandmother just turned 80 (and shows no signs of stopping) and my little sister had a birthday as well! (She’s in elementary school and she just as so much energy… the whole day it was soccer, catch, tether ball… I could barely move the next day my muscles hurt so bad.)
Well, because life needed to be more important for a while, work took a back burner. It sucks because I love blogging and connecting with you guys but on the other hand I’m glad I was able to focus on the things that needed my attention without losing all of my income. The one thing I had to do was figure out what I MUST do each day on the computer and limit myself to just that. For me those things were…
- Check my email twice a day for emails from clients and affiliates.
- Watch PayPal for transfers to make sure nothing odd is going on there.
- Approve blog comments. This one didn’t take too long since I wasn’t posting anything new.
- Check in with a quick post on Facebook and Twitter at least every few days so people know I’m still around.
- Deal with any big problems that come up, such as issues with hosting or if a client/affiliate has a problem.
- Pay affiliates on the right day. I almost forgot because I packed my calendar but a nice lady emailed me saying that if I wanted to wait to pay commissions they wouldn’t mind. It reminded me to do it that day.
Basically… I’d sit down and do those things and get back to where ever I was needed.
If you were ever in a situation where you had to seriously limit your work, which tasks would be on your list?
And a bit thanks to all of you who messaged, commented, and emailed to check in on me. It means the world to me that I’ve got so many people who care! Sorry if I made you worry. 🙂